When there is a winter storm or icy road conditions, PFS will generally follow the Flagstaff Unified School District decision to cancel school or delay opening for two hours.
Once a snow day decision is made, an announcement will be made in the following forms:
- Radio Stations: KAFF (93 FM), KMGN (93.9 FM), KNAU (91.7 FM), KOLT (107.5 FM) or KVNA (600 AM).
- Website: www.pineforestschool.com (Right-hand side under “Recent Posts”)
- Phone: You may call the main office at (928) 779-9880 for updated messages on our answering service.
- Text Message: If you are signed-up for high-priority text messages from Pine Forest School, you will receive a text message on your phone. (Parents, if you have not signed-up for High-Priority Text Messaging please contact the main office to sign-up.)
If there is a snow delay:
- BeforeCare will open at 9:00 a.m. and classes for ALL grades 1-8 will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten will be canceled for that day, however kindercare will be available for those who are signed up beginning at 10:00am (please send children w/ a lunch).
- Afternoon preschool will meet at the normal time.
- School will be dismissed at the regular time. Please do not risk driving on unsafe roads to bring your child to school-this is an excused absence.
If it begins to snow during the day, students may be dismissed early. PFCS will announce an early closing time over the above radio stations and post this notice on the website. Parents may also call the school for closing information, but please be aware that due to a heavy volume of calls, your call may not get through the first time. As a general rule, if it begins to snow substantially during the day and the weather forecast is for winter storms, parents may pick up children any time during the school day. Please be aware of the possibility of an early dismissal, listen to the radio, and have a plan whereby your child knows to go to the home of a neighbor or friend if he/she arrives home earlier than expected and no one is home.